5 Methods for Building a Strong Relationship with Your Property Manager
Managing a rental property can be challenging, but having a good relationship with your property manager can make a world of difference. Here are five ways to optimize your relationship with your property manager:
- Treat your rental property as a business and approach it with a professional mindset. You are the boss, and it's essential to establish clear expectations and goals from the beginning.
- Treat your property manager as a valuable partner in your business, and help them succeed by providing them with the necessary resources and support. Treat them with respect and communicate openly and frequently.
- Supervise the property manager's work, follow up on progress, and ask questions to ensure that your investment is in good hands. However, avoid micromanaging, as it can create tension and mistrust.
- Join a large account or group, such as Simply Do It, to gain access to discounts and better services, even if you only own one property. This will save you time and money and allow you to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Take a preventive, proactive approach by identifying potential problems and addressing them before they become major issues. This can save you significant costs and help maintain a good relationship with your property manager.
To learn more about real estate investing and how to build a successful rental property portfolio, consider attending our upcoming real estate investing class in Sunnyvale on March 7th or subscribe to our webinar series for future events. SimplyDoIt.net/roi2023