19 Rented Townhomes. 2013 Built. Metro Kansas City KS
18.06.2021 Blog, General Investing, Investment Properties
About these townhomes:
- Located apprx. 20 minutes west to downtown Kansas City and approx. 20 south to KC airport
- All units of a similar level of finish and floor plan
- Appliances stay with the property – Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Rng/Oven-Electric, Rng/Oven- Free Std, Washer
- Photos of the model unit
- No HOA
- They all have separate tax ID’s – each townhome is separate legal addresses
- The landlord does the mowing as part of the lease, so the area is kept up
- Snow removal is on the tenant
- Asking price for the enitre package (19 doors) is $3,200,000 [$168,500 per door/unit]
- There is one townhome on the street that was sold for $190,000 in May 2021, a $118/sq ft.
- The average $/sq ft in the area for sold is $175
- The average $/sq ft in the area listed for sale is $207 (using a wider geo search area to find listings)
- Option 1 – 1 buyer buys all
- Option 2 – 6 buyers, each buying per building (see below)
- Option 3 – pull resources as a group – see explanation below
Pull resources as a group
For this to work we’d need to pull CASH (financing will come at a later phase) resources from multiple Simply Do It, investors.
Here are the steps needed to execute this:
- Each cash buyer picks a unit/s (financing will come at a later phase)
- After due diligence – Each buyer put into a temporary LLC the amount needed to buy 1 or more units
- The temporary LLC acquires the properties and at closing instead of closing it under the LLC’s name we do a second closing (aka simoustanly closing) and each investor closes it under her/his name.
In simple terms, the LLC technically owns each property for 1 minute.
We’d probably form 5 such LLCs – one per building to divide and conquer, and simply the transactions.
- After you acquire/own the property you can get your own financing.
FAQs about the group approach
- What’s the benefit of this idea?
1.Cash offer – we hope it will help us in getting a better price
2. It gives you an opportunity to tap into an investment property you may not be able to tap into individually
- Why cash? If mortgages are involved it puts the entire transaction at closing on time risk, + it would not be possible to coordinate all appraisal and lenders to the same date and time.
- Can you get financing after closing? Yes, depending on lenders approval
- Are the financing terms for such refi same as purchase-mortgage? Typically not identical but similar
- What if I don’t have $170,000+ in cash? That may mean this is not a deal you will be able to do – let’s find you another one.
- If the purchase price is $165,00 and the market/appraised value is $185,000 – can I refi base on $185,000? Typically lenders would refi based on CONTRACT price, $165,000 in this example, and not based on market/appraised value unless refi is taking place 12 months after your purchase.
- What if after I purchase it appraises at $10,000 below what I paid for it? While unlikely, in such an instance a lender will only provide a mortgage based on the appraised price.
- Ideally, the whole package sells to 1 investor would be his preference.
- The minimum seller would do is sell them by the building as outlined below.
- He won’t sell them 1 door at a time, except for the single unit in Building 6 below.
- He’s really not interested in selling them 1 door/unit at a time.
- Building 1 – 4 units available
- Building 2 – 4 units available
- Building 3 – 3 out of 4 units available
These are a little different floor plans.
- Building 4 – 4 units available
- Building 5 – 3 out of 4 units available
- Building 6 – 1 out of 4 units available
Tap into your Rental House Equity!
That rental property you bought with us over 6.5 years ago may buy you additional ...READ MORE
Not Boring vs. Boring Investment
Many investors are attracted to the cheaper property which is actually the NOT boring one. They ...READ MORE
Ways to Overcome Buying Challenges in Today's Marketplace
I want to take a minute or two to talk about the challenges many of ...READ MORE
Where is America moving? 2017 Migration Patterns
To kick off 2018, North American Van Lines has released their 2017 Migration Report, which ...READ MORE